List:       ngw
Subject:    [ngw] Antw:  Antw:  Mobility: Maximum Send Mail Size
From:       "Barth Uwe" <Uwe.Barth () stadt-chemnitz ! de>
Date:       2015-07-22 11:26:33

Thanks for this information.
We've MobileIrons Sentry as "proxy" between the device and the GMS and
at the moment I've not unused device to test with GMS directly. But
based on your information the documentation should be correct so the
problem is something else. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what GMS
log entries show me that a message from a device is successfully gone
through GMS to GW or where I hangs. Any ideas here?
Uwe

>>> "Thomas Stimper" <tstimper@nmedv.de> 22.07.2015 12:53 >>>
Hi,

>But in reality all mails sent from the iOS device with embedded
images
go to /dev/null if the overall size is over the limit.

That is what i see, if i try to send a oversized email from a device.
If get a oversized email into GroupWise, then the email delivers to
the
device, but all attachments are stripped from the item and replaced
with a*.txt marker.

Thomas

Thomas Stimper

MCNE
Novell Silver Partner
neue medien edv-systeme gmbh
Zwickauer Str. 224
09116 Chemnitz
Germany
Email tstimper@nmedv.de
Tel. +49 371 8448890
Fax +49 371 8448891
Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 12552
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Stimper
USt.ID DE176096756
www.nmedv.de

>>> "Barth Uwe" <Uwe.Barth@stadt-chemnitz.de> 22.07.2015 08:59 >>>
Hi,
I've got a question about GW Mobility and the "Maximum Send Mail Size"
- I see a behaviour that I can't understand. We've defined the
"Maximum
Send Mail Size (Device to GroupWise)" with 2048KB. Based on the
documentation "all attachments are stripped from the item before it is
sent to GroupWise" But in reality all mails sent from the iOS device
with embedded images go to /dev/null if the overall size is over the
limit. Is this normal behaviour? Based on documentation I an mail
without images. But there is nothing neither on the device nor in GW.
Mobility logs are not really helpful (just mobility-agent.log show
some
lines about a connection at this moment).
Uwe