List:       ngw
Subject:    [ngw] Antw: Antw: Push GMS credentials to BlackBerry 10 devices by BES12
From:       "Barth Uwe" <Uwe.Barth () stadt-chemnitz ! de>
Date:       2015-07-22 11:11:51

No. For me it's just a feature GMS don't have and no bug oder SR-thing.
Any SR would end in the information to open an enhancement request. And
based on the number of FTF builds we get for GroupWise every few weeks
just to fix bugs I don't think there will be a developer with time to
implement this in the foreseeable future.

>>> "Thomas Stimper" <tstimper@nmedv.de> 22.07.2015 13:00 >>>
Did try you open an Novell SR for that in the past?
Any response?

Thomas

>>> "Barth Uwe" <Uwe.Barth@stadt-chemnitz.de> 22.07.2015 12:55 >>>
This is a general problem under GroupWise/GMS for (managed) mobile
devices. GMS is not able to authenticate with certificate as for
example
Exchange is able to. Same problem with MobileIron managed iOS devices
here.

>>> "Thomas Stimper" <tstimper@nmedv.de> 22.07.2015 12:45 >>>
Hi ngwlist users,

we use Blackberry BES12.2 to manage our Blackberry 10 devices to
connect them to GMS.
Unfortunately there is no way to push GMS credentials to BlackBerry 10
devices by BES12.
So a BlackBerry 10 user has to type in his GroupWise / eDir(LDAP)
password at least once at his device.
So far, so good, but if there is a password change policy inplace at
eDir(LDAP), which should be there today,
the user has to type in his eDir(LDAP) password on the device each
time, the password was changed in the backend.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 12.2 could use SCEP or some other
certificate based authentication (user credential profiles in BES12.2)
to avoid the need to type in the credentials at the BlackBerry 10
devices.
But GroupWise mobility Service does not support certificate based
authentication.

I  would like to hear how others handle this password changes at their
devices.

I wrote an enhancement request at the new MicroFocus Idea system,
please feel free to vote for that.

https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-gw/Idea/Detail/897

Thank you very much

Best regards