List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] forwarded message missing text?
From:       "Cathy Spiegel" <cspiegel () sfldlib ! org>
Date:       2010-01-27 17:47:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

This is a Groupwise 8 "feature".  Official Answer from Dean Lythgoe, Director of \
GroupWise Engineering:
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/7074/groupwise-8-feedback  - Search for "reply \
to selected text"

> On Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 10:20 PM, "William Swisher" \
> <Bill.Swisher@thomasmore.edu> wrote:

Tim,

You are right on the mark with this explanation.

Bill

> > > "Tim Jackson"  01/21/10 9:14 PM >>>
I've seen this since 8.0. The issue I've found is that you can now highlight a \
portion of the message and when you hit forward (or reply), only the selected text is \
contained in the message. What happens is the user clicks somewhere in the body prior \
to forwarding and inadvertently selects some white space. The outcome is you have a \
blank forwarded message. Might not be your scenario, but it happens here all the \
time.

-Tim

> > > "Charles McNeill"  01/21/10 4:40 PM >>>
I have had several users say that when they forward an email,  sometimes the text \
from the body of the forwarded message will be gone.  It's not every time, either.

This is after upgrading all our clients to gw 8 hp2.

Has anybody seen this?

Thanks
Charles

This electronic mail transmission contains information belonging to the sender which \
is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not \
the named and intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, \
copying, distribution, or taking of any action based on the contents of this \
electronic mail transmission is not authorized, but rather, is strictly prohibited.  \
If you received this electronic mail transmission in error, please immediately notify \
the sender.

Note:

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be subject to legal \
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute \
or disclose the email or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on \
it. If you have received this email in error, please email the sender by replying to \
this message. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are \
present in this email. Thomas More College cannot accept responsibility for loss or \
damage arising from the use of this email or attachments and recommend that you \
subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.

Visit Thomas More College (http://www.thomasmore.edu/) on the web.