List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Linux file system decision For Groupwise - Why so confusing???
From:       "Alister Leask" <awleask () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-31 20:38:58

A couple of words of warning regarding NCS on VMware ESX:

Firstly, we are using RDMs and were advised to share the RDM file
pointer thingy with all the guests. There appears to be a limit under
3.0.2 to the number of guests that can access one shared RDM pointer
file thingy - 9. Our 11 node cluster would not admit the last two
nodes unless we shutdown one of the joined nodes.

Secondly, we were unable to get an official statement of support for
NCS on ESX. As far as we were able to find out from VMware the only
supported clustering is MS and then only two nodes. The person we
spoke to said that _IF_ NCS was supported it would be likely to be two
nodes only as well.

We no longer have a NCS cluster for GW due to not being officially
supported - at least, supported to our satisfaction.

Alister Leask