List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Automate sending an email
From:       "Mary Boland" <Mary.Boland () mbf ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-07-28 0:33:36

Thanks for all replies - no doubt you are right Bob - every day they need new "easy" solutions!
I will try Gsend thanks Joe - I had forgotten about it - we investigated it once before.
If gsend does not suit - I may call on you Sean (sk)- thanks for the offer!
Regards
Mary

>>> jhaynes@umw.edu 28/07/2005 5:10 am >>>
How about a command line mailer?

http://www.caledonia.net/gsend.html

http://www.blat.net/

You may need scheduler or cron also.

Joe

>>> bjonkman@toronto.ca 7/27/2005 1:40:15 PM >>>
I predict you'll soon have dozens of other users who will want to
know how to sent messages to the trash can with as little manual
intervention as possible  <g>.

--Bob.

>>> Mary Boland <ngw@ngwlist.com> 27 Jul 2005 >>>

Hi all
I have a user who wants to send the same email weekly to 200 people.
He would like to have the email go out automatically with specific
attachments to certain distribution lists at say 9am Mondays. He
wants
as little manual intervention as possible.  He doesn't want to use
the
delay delivery option, as he would have to do this for each email.

Anyone know of a way to do this?
Thanks
Mary

This email contains confidential information intended only for the
addressee.  If you received it in error, please inform us by reply
email or by calling us from Australia on 131 137 or Internationally
on
612 93239500. Please also delete this email and destroy any hard
copy.
You must not disclose or use the information in this email.