List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Rebuild an archive database
From:       "Gavin Walsh" <WALSHG () stgeorge ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-07-28 0:24:08

To Rebuild Archive Database:

Have the user open his/her GroupWise
Have user hold down CRTL and the SHIFT key together and then choose
File, Open Archive (while CRTL and the SHIFT keys still pressed)
User should see an alert box asking them to rebuild their mailbox
(archives) - select yes

Has worked for me but not all the time.

Cheers
Gavin

>>> Michael_Fopma@ita.doc.gov 28/07/2005 2:19:04 am >>>

Hello All,

I have a user that appears to have lost her archives.  We are running
GroupWise 6.0.2 and it appears that all of the files are in the proper
directory.  It looks like to user and msg db are empty.  Can someone
point me to some instructions on how I can rebuild this archive
database.

Thanks for all of your help.

Michael S. Fopma
Messaging Operations
USDOC/ITA/Office of Chief Information Officer
HCHB Room 3002, Washington, DC 20230
Phone: 202-482-1489    Fax: 202-482-4066
Michael_Fopma@ITA.DOC.GOV

*****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is
addressed and its content is not intended for use by any other
persons.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
us immediately.  Please also destroy and delete the message from
your computer.  Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message
is strictly prohibited.

St George Bank Limited AFSL 240997, Advance Asset Management Limited
AFSL 240902,  PACT Accountants Investment Group Pty Limited AFSL 240693,
St George Life Limited AFSL 240900, ASGARD Capital Management Limited
AFSL 240695 and Securitor Financial Group Limited AFSL 240687 is not liable for
the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in
this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.