List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: [ngw] Moving Users and Personal Groups
From:       "Mary Boland" <Mary.Boland () mbf ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-10-30 5:12:20

Thanks Dave - but this is not the case for personal groups - they are
not updated.
Maryt

>>> dmuldoon@mandtbank.com 29/10/2004 11:05:05 pm >>>
Nightly user upkeep **should** resolve this.  Nightly User Upkeep
synchronizes address book entries with the system address book and
updates distribution lists.

Dave

>>> Mary.Boland@mbf.com.au 10/29/2004 1:21:11 AM >>>

Hi all

GroupWise 6.5 SP1

Just wondered if anyone has had the following problem and what they
did
(if anything) to make the process less painful...

Our users have many personal groups.  We have the need to merge/move
over 600 users to an existing post office.  We did just a few to start
with, and noticed that when you move the users, they are dropped from
any existing personal groups because their distinguished names have
changed.  When users send mail to the personal group there is no
warning
that some messages are undeliverable.  Our users are complaining about
this (those who have noticed).  The concern is of course, that some
users may not have noticed their personal groups have changed, causing
all sorts of problems - such as users not turning up for meetings etc,
because they were never invited in the first place.

I have tried a few things - in Tools | GroupWise System Operations |
System Preferences | Nickname Settings and set nicknames to be created
on Move.  The nicknames were created with the old post office address
and messages were delivered fine to any entries in Frequent Contacts
that contained the old address. However, when sent to the group, the
message was not delivered.  Then when user synch happens at midnight,
the moved users are dropped from the group rendering the nickname
useless anyway!

Incidentally, when the old Post office is deleted, the nickname is
also
removed.

Thanks in advance
Mary

Mary Boland
Network Administrator
MBF Australia Limited
97-99 Bathurst Street
SYDNEY  NSW  2000
Ph: 9323 9638
Mob: 0411 300 350

This email contains confidential information intended
only for the addressee.  If you received it in error,
please inform us by reply email or by calling us from
Australia on 131 137 or Internationally on 612 93239500.
Please also delete this email and destroy any hard copy.
You must not disclose or use the information in this email.