List:       ngw
Subject:    Re: GroupWise Enhancement Pack
From:       "Martin Van Doorninck" <martin.vandoorninck () ferc ! fed ! us>
Date:       2000-05-15 18:54:03

I wish I could tell you everything went as smoothly as could be expected.  But...

We upgraded to 5.53e all at one time.  Many users like the updated features of \
WebAccess, when it works.  We have on-going problems viewing file attachments even \
though we just applied SP1.  There's also a problem getting spell check to work.  Our \
suspicions are a port problem on the firewall, but we haven't been able to resolve it \
yet.  Finally, the desktop client, while it has some nice features, has been very \
unstable.  We use Win95B and get frequent GPFs with display engine dlls, video \
drivers and the DCIMAN32.dll.

For the most part I'm happy with the performance and stability of the MTAs and POAs \
after tripling the RAM in the servers.

Martin van Doorninck
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission

> > > BHelton@jsplaw.com 05/10/00 03:06PM >>>
I am new to this listserv; however, I was referred to this listserv by another member \
of LawNet.  Therefore, I apologize if I'm asking a question that has been asked \
recently (I did search the archives but didn't find anything).

We have GroupWise 5.5.3.  We are contemplating upgrading to the Enhancement Pack, but \
I want to make sure that is a wise decision.  I have a couple of questions if you \
have implemented it:

1.  Any problems with installation?
2.  Any problems running it?
3.  Have you seen any improvements in the Web Access piece?

I did notice that Darren Rogers just sent an e-mail that he is running 5.5e and is \
having problems with passwords.  Darren, I'm assuming you are running the Enhancement \
Pack - am I correct?

Any other information would be appreciated.

Bonnie J. Helton
Director of Information Technology
Johnson Smith LLP
1800 One Indiana Square
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone/Fax:  (317) 686-4230
E-mail:  bhelton@jsplaw.com
Web site: www.jsplaw.com

Johnson Smith Pence & Heath LLP

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic e-mail \
communication and any attached documentation is intended only for the use of the \
designated recipient(s).  If the reader or recipient of this communication is not the \
intended recipient, or an employee or agent of the intended recipient who is \
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that \
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly \
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately \
notify us by return electronic e-mail and promptly delete the original electronic \
e-mail communication and any attached documentation.  Receipt by anyone other than \
the intended recipient is not a waiver of any attorney-client or work-product \
privilege.