List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: netatalk will not accept password with 1.4b2+asun2.1.4
From:       Patrik Schindler <poc () pocnet ! net>
Date:       2000-05-31 22:35:05

At 18:29 Uhr -0400 31.05.2000, Scott R. Every wrote:

>>> so no version of the 2.1.4 series will work?
>> 2.1.4 works for me and many others very fine.
>sorry, with cleartext pw's.  i know it works, but if you can't login its
>not very useful.

It works even with cleartext-pws for me and others.
I'm sorry, I should have stated this clearer.

>i'm using slackware 7.0 which does support glic and crypt.  what
>authentication method would you suggest that
>1) does not use PAM
>2) does not require anything special on the client side

The same as me :-)

I followed the suggestions from Philipp Trautmann:

>At 7:04 Uhr +0200 23.05.2000, Philipp Trautmann wrote:
>
>>here are the steps needed to make this setup work:
>>
>>1. Verify the presence of /usr/include/shadow.h, /lib/libcrypt.so.1,
>>/usr/lib/libcrypt.a and /usr/lib/libcrypt.so in your system (the path
>>might be different, but make must be able to find them)
>>
>>2. Under the netatalk tree, insert the following lines near the top of
>>etc/afpd/auth.c and etc/afpd/uam.c:
>>
>>#ifdef SHADOWPW
>>#include <shadow.h>
>>#endif SHADOWPW
>>
>>3. Add -DSHADOWPW to the CFLAGS in etc/afpd/Makefile and
>>etc/uams/Makefile.
>>
>>4. In sys/linux/Makefile change "ADDLIBS=" to "ADDLIBS= -lcrypt -lrpcsvc".
>>
>>5. Compile and install. Test.

I modified step 3: I added -DSHADOWPW to sys/linux/Makefile in the appropriate CFLAGS section instead.

This works perfectly for me.

:wq! PoC