List:       netatalk
Subject:    [netatalk-admins] Problems with papd and Apple LW 360
From:       "Via" <via () via ! pl>
Date:       1998-02-25 10:40:15

Hello

Im new on this listserv and im also new linux admin, so i have some =
starting problems with correct administartion.

And one of theese problem i have is printing from my Macs to Apple =
LaserWriter Select 360 which is connected to my linux box through =
pararell port.

I have installed RedHat 5.0 linux and netatalk 1.4b2 with Charles =
Barrasso's patch. I have two net interfaces, one servicing my Windows 95 =
computers, and another my Apple computers. I havent any problems with =
disk sharing through Appletalk.

I have postscript printer (Apple LaserWriter Select 360 with standard =
configuration) connected to linux computer. All computers, especially =
Macs have to have access to that printer. And they 'see' that printer =
and print from programs like Adobe Illustartor, microsoft Word, etc. But =
most important is i havent print QuarkXPress documents to taht printer. =
It prints mess and postscript scrach. All Macs are running MacOS 8.1 and =
im using QuarkXPress 3.31 and 3.32.

And one last thing. When i choose LaserWrter 8 in my Chooser and then =
run autoselct option for printer, it cannot find LW360 printer and i =
have ppd for that printer (LaserWriter Select 360 and LaserWriter Select =
360f).

Can anyone help me?

Thanx in advance
Szatkowski Przemyslaw