List:       netatalk
Subject:    [Netatalk-admins] pre-execution of script
From:       Ryan Suarez <ryan.suarez () sheridanc ! on ! ca>
Date:       2002-08-28 21:16:10

Hello List,

A while ago I asked if netatalk had the functionality of executing a script and
passing the user credentials as arguments, before serving a request.  This is
similar to the "root prexec" directive in samba.  The response was "no", and that
patches are welcome.  Unfortunately, this would be beyond my scope.

I'm serving a subdirectory of the users home directory to Mac OSX clients.  There
would be cases where the subdirectory might not exist and would need to be created
on the fly.

The home directory server is Debian Linux running netatalk 1.5.3.1

any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan