List:       netatalk
Subject:    [Netatalk-admins] Server doesn't show in chooser
From:       "Marc Hughes" <HughesM () TOMSNYDER ! com>
Date:       2002-08-28 15:01:18

For some reason my server no longer shows up in the chooser.  I can
connect to it by typing in the IP address just fine.  Appletalk is
loaded.

I can use nbprgstr to make it show up in the chooser by doing something
like this:

nbprgstr "zeus:AFPServer@nuclear free"

But if I try to connect to it through the chooser, the connection fails
either with a -1 error, or a 1028 error "No file services are available
at the URL afp:/at/zeus:nuclear%20free" ...=20

Could this be a problem with the space / %20 translation in the zone
name?

It used to just work, and I'm not sure when it stopped working since I
rarely log on through appletalk, and my users were smart enough to
figure out the ip address themselves.  It may have been when I upgraded
a while back to 1.5.2, but I'm fairly certain everything was working
then.

I can use nbplkup and see other servers on the network from the server,
so I think that means appletalk is working?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Marc