List:       netatalk
Subject:    Re: [Netatalk-admins] netatalk lpr & error 8871
From:       Thomas Kaiser <Thomas.Kaiser () phg-online ! de>
Date:       2002-06-12 15:36:35

On 12 Jun 2002 16:03:52 +0100, Jinn Koriech wrote:

> No luck - instead of the error 8871 i got 8993 - and found
> no documentation about it.

I searched for that in the past too and found an interesting posting, that I
put on my server: <http://users.phg-online.de/8993.html>

>> I've send you a PPD, I prepare for HylaFAX at the moment, off-list. You
>> might want to give it a try?
> Excellent - it's worked so far.

Good to hear :-)

> [...]
>>> I'm considering writing up a howto for various methods of Mac based Faxing
>>> without having to use any of the third-party apps.
>>
>> Funny enough... I planned the same a few days ago. I asked the HylaFAX
>> people to add a section 5.8 to their howto page at
>> <http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxing.html>
>>
>> May be we can bundle our efforts?
> Any feedback on this yet?

Unfortunately not. I'll ask again next week...

> I'd be happy to help now that i've managed to do it.
>
> Have you had a chance to look at my atalkfax.sh script?

Yes. But I'm going to write my own more 'sophisticated' one, that makes
heavy use of PPD features (and can also do a fall-back to the traditional
behaviour like the smbfax script if no PPD features are used at all)

I'll send it to you together with an enhanced PPD, if I find some spare time
to work on this (probably in two weeks)

Regards,

Thomas