List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: Help on using mib2c
From:       Bert Driehuis <driehuis () playbeing ! org>
Date:       2001-04-30 18:01:33

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Daniel Toffetti wrote:

>         But when I try 'mib2c
> .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.unicen' (my own MIB extension) the
> output is the same as with 'mib2c
> .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises'. Even the output filenames are
> enterprises.c and enterprises.h.

Try
	mib2c unicen

You may need to add your Mib to the MIB path, e.g.
	setenv MIBS :UNICEN-MIB
prior to running mib2c.

Before you run mib2c, please make sure that you can use your mib with
tools like snmptranslate work. If
	snmptranslate -IR unicen
doesn't translate to the numeric OID you wish to use for the top of your
tree, you should rectify that. Also, tkmib should be able to browse your
mib.

Cheers,

				-- Bert

--
Bert Driehuis -- driehuis@playbeing.org -- +31-20-3116119
If the only tool you've got is an axe, every problem looks like fun!