List:       net-snmp-users
Subject:    Re: autoconf
From:       Dave Shield <D.T.Shield () csc ! liv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2003-01-21 14:43:07

> The following information show up after I run "configure".
> "configure.in:1245: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
> cross compiling"
> Why will this happened?

Are you working from a full release (e.g. 5.0.7) or the CVS code?
A clean CVS tree will normally try to re-build the configure script,
due to the datestamps on the various configure-related files.
This tends to be fixed on the full releases (by 'touching' the files
in the appropriate order).

It's not significant - if things are working, just ignore it.

> Can I remove those snmp agent tools (snmpwalk..snmpget..etc.) if I dont want
> them to install in my machine.

Yes.
Either delete the binaries after installation,
or just install the bits you *do* want.

E.g, for the agent only, try:

	# cd net-snmp-5.0.7
	# (cd snmplib ; make install)
	# (cd agent;    make install)

That should work.

> How to remove?

   rm

> Any side-effect?

  You won't be able to query the agent from the command line :-)

Dave