List:       net-snmp-coders
Subject:    Re: please help me
From:       Dave Shield <D.T.Shield () csc ! liv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2004-01-19 12:13:11

>                                I have written MIB files for all the
> objects of what I have to store the information. I am collecting the
> information (to be stored in the local database) locally. But I am not
> able to map it into  the tree structure returned by read_mib() fuction.

No - that's not how it works.

The 'read_mib' function is used for parsing MIB files, and holding an
internal representation of that structure.
This representation is *not* used for actually storing the information
values themselves.

> Please tell me how can I use the tree structure of the mib file, where the
> oid is taken from, and where to store for matching with incoming request's
> oid.

Matching incoming requests with the corresponding values is handled by
the agent registry.    Have a look at the code under 'agent/mibgroups'
for some examples of how this can be done.

Dave