List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: Messages from in.named
From:       sdd.hp.com!usc!news () hplabs ! hpl ! hp ! com  (Anant Kumar)
Date:       1992-05-18 20:17:25

rh0083b@medtronic.COM (Roger Hunen) writes:

>May 11 15:52:16 sun1 named[80]: check_root: 1 root servers after query to root server < min
>May 13 07:59:53 sun1 named[80]: check_root: 1 root servers after query to root server < min

I was lookingat the routine check_root in the named code a couple of days ago
and so this question is a really weird coincidence.

The routine makes sure youhave at least a MINROOT (I think that is what the
#define was) number of root name servers in your cache. You probably are not
priming your cache with a sufficient number of root server names.

however, you could check the code (i think ns_resp.c) and verify (the function
as i mentioned above is check_root() and itr handles all responses to queries
made for root names.)

hope this helps.
-anant