List:       namedroppers
Subject:    Re: Bind 4.7.3Betatest for Ultrix 2.0 available
From:       cscosl!kdb () ncsuvx ! ncsu ! edu  (Kevin D !  Bond)
Date:       1988-01-30 19:44:42

In article <1964@decuac.DEC.COM> avolio@decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:
>In article <1423@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> kdb@cscosl.ncsu.edu (Kevin D. Bond) writes:
>>This may work on a Sun, since the Ultrix 2.0 kernel is mostly Sun routines,
>
>Say What?  "the Ultrix 2.0 kernel is mostly Sun routines"???!!!???

OK, well I guess I stuck my foot in it here, but from personal experience
the way the Ultrix 2.0 system network utilities work and feel it is very
similiar to the Sun code, especially if the network code arena, Yellow
Pages, NFS, RPC, etc...

Ultrix 2.0 may not be based on Sun from the code standpoint, but if not then
it does have the feel of a reverse-engineered Sun networking setup.

If I am continuing to shove me foot down my throat, then I would really
appreciate someone sending me a nice friendly flame (in mail) that tells we
where I have go astray and why.

-kdb