List:       mysql-win32
Subject:    Re: foldersecurity with my sql
From:       Arjen Lentz <arjen () mysql ! com>
Date:       2002-02-25 21:16:35

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 06:32, Michael Vejs wrote:
> trying to secure my server and im trying to find out:
> Which folders and which files which user must have access to.. in mysql
> country ;)
> im running win2k server

A MySQL client does not need any file system access on the system where
the server is running, it only needs to be able to connect to the
server. The server has its own security system and accesses local files.

Naturally, the server will need access to its own files/dirs (config,
log, data). An extension to this rule is for instance if you want to use
the LOAD DATA LOCAL command to import data from files on the server. But
you need to be quite careful with that anyway. (See the manual for more
info).

Regards,
Arjen.

--