List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    myodbc: Can't get Access to delete rows from MySQL table
From:       "A.Kenway () ed ! ac ! uk" <anna () ph ! ed ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1998-11-30 11:40:14

We have set up MySQL database on an Alpha and I am testing the ODBC
part.

I'm using myodbc.dll (which seems to not want to generate a  log file
even though I have ticked the appropriate option in ODCBADMIN) and
Access 97 from a Windows 95 PC.

Even though I can add and edit records, when I try to delete a record
I get the following message:
"The Microsoft Jet Database Engine stopped the process because you and
another user are attempting to change the same data at the same
time." The Help file eventually points out that Microsoft
Jet database engine has no control over the locking mechanisms used
in external database servers.  I know I am the only person using this
database - and that I am only connected to it via the Access database
I have open currently.

The bizarre part is that I can perfectly well connect to the MySQL
database/table from Query (another Microsoft product - also with
Office97) via ODBC and delete records from there - using the same
data source ... which means that it is not a problem with myodbc.
Has anyone else come across this - and if so, is there a solution?

Cheers
Anna
Dr Anna Kenway
Administrator, Accounts