List:       mysql
Subject:    mysql: FastCGI
From:       <monty () tcx ! se>
Date:       1997-09-30 1:23:13

>>>>> "Stephen" == Stephen Roderick <steve@proaxis.com> writes:

Stephen> Well, in anticipation of running mysql on BSD/OS 3.0 I am doing my
Stephen> development on an old 2.1 box.

Stephen> I now have a fastcgi application that looks up records in a database. If
Stephen> I add a new record it doesn't show up in a query under the fastcgi
Stephen> program, but it does under mysql from the command line! Tell me I don't
Stephen> need to close and reopen my connection to the database to get any new
Stephen> records!

You don't have to close a connection.

Start safe_mysqld with --log and examine your queries from the log
file.
You can of course check them by doing something similar in 'mysql'

Monty