List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: Suggestion
From:       "B. van Ouwerkerk" <bvo () atz ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-22 6:46:08

>My apologies for bringing up a suggestion that apparently appears on
>this list quite often.  That being the case, doesn't it imply that it's
>a feature that a lot of people would appreciate?

It's not needed so why should it be done?

Using procmail something like this:

:0:
* ^(list-id|X-beenthere|Sender):.*mysql
mysqlbox

Might do the trick. You will need to add more to this like maildir and that
kind of stuff to be able to use procmail. To procmail it doesn't really
matter if you are filtering on subjectline having [mysql] or the list-id
having mysql.

>For such a high volume list, I think it makes sense to implement a
>simple [MySQL] to the subject of each e-mail.  I subscribe to around ten
>other tech based mailing lists and every one of them uses a similar
>feature. It's never seemed to cause any problems there.

I'm on at least a dozen lists and some add it, others don't.. In fact,
about 4 lists are adding a [listname] to the subjectline. The other 14
don't. All of them are tech lists..

B.