List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    SAP WAS 6.1 + DB2 on linux - SQL8000N during install
From:       "Anthony Gray" <anthonyjgray () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-08-31 9:31:51

Hi All,

I have a Redhat 7.1 install,
I am getting the following error when trying to install
sapbasis-6.10-1.i386.rpm :
..... Creating Password file
..... Creating the DB2 Administration Server
..... Starting the DB2 Administration Server
..... Starting the DB2 Database Manager
failed with output :
SQL8000N DB2START processing failed; a valid product license was not found.
error : execution of %pre scriptlet from sapbasis-6.10-1, exit status 1
error : skipping sapbasis-6.10-1 install, %pre scriptlet failed rc 2

Prior to this, I did the following as root:
- Installed the db2*.rpm's (No errors).
- Installed the sapappsrv-db2-6.10-1.i386.rpm (no error)
- Downloaded and installed the saplicense-db2-SI1-6.10-20031129.noarch.rpm
(did this twice because I thought I may have entered the hardware key
incorrectly - no error both times).

I have tried to start the database manually using the startdb scrtipt, but
get the same error in the log.
I can't install the saplicense yet because the database is not running.

If anyone can give me any pointers of what to do now, I would be greatful.
Thanks for your time,

Regards
Anthony