List:       mutt-users
Subject:    Re: colors
From:       Rocco Rutte <pdmef () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-06-27 15:38:03

Hi,

* Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:

> My Ubuntu-custom version of Mutt-1.18. uses a different coloring scheme than
> the latest snapshot that i am testing now. In both cases i can't figure out
> where these default colors are  being defined. /etc/Muttrc doesn't elaborate
> it and neither does my .muttrc. The Manual describes how to set colors but
> AFAIK not where the defaults are being defined.

By default, mutt does not have default colors, it runs in mono. To
verify:

  mutt -nF /dev/null

I'd say it'd be really strange if neither /etc/Muttrc nor .muttrc
contained color statements _and_ you get colors. But remember that it
uses the Muttrc from its prefix which is likely not /etc/Muttrc for
custom builds.

E.g. I install in ~/opt/mutt so my system muttrc is not /etc/Muttrc but
~/opt/mutt/etc/Muttrc.

HTH,
Rocco