List:       mutt-users
Subject:    ad hoc mail filtering?
From:       christopher j bottaro <cjb () cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2003-09-26 19:30:48

hello,
	my school disallows use of procmail (for god knows what reason) and so all my email \
gets dumped to $HOME/mailbox.  is there any good/convenient way to have mutt split up \
my mail into different mailboxes?

for instance, i'm on a few mailing lists.  when mutt detects new mail in \
$HOME/mailbox, can it move messages from the mailing lists to say Mail/list1 and \
Mail/list2, while leaving everything else in $HOME/mailbox?

also, given this setup, i'll have mail in $HOME/mailbox as well as Mail/list1 and \
Mail/list2.  if there a way with mutt to see an overview of all those mailboxes?  \
i.e. quickly let me know how many unread and total messages are in each one?

thanks,
-- christopher