List:       munt
Subject:    Re: Control Panel applets missing
From:       "Phil Wilkin" <philwilk () ipax ! com ! au>
Date:       1997-05-14 0:24:28

Thank you to all who responded.

To summarise the responses: the applets are missing from clients because
they would be changing the server, not the client.

OK. That make's sense.

I discovered where to change the client.   I was already aware of where to
change the Xploras' resolution.   It was the PC client that had me tossed.
 The dialogue box (Win95) that lists the WinCenter servers has an Options
menu item which permits selection of different resolutions.   The other
day, I received an updated NCDWare PC client with a WinCenter Chooser
tabbed dialogue box that also provides resolution options.   That problem
is solved.

As for the keyboard, it works so I don't really want to change anything
there.

But I am still stuck without mouse options.   Alright, so I don't want a
user to swap mouse buttons on my server.   Nevertheless, every user should
have the option to swap their own mouse buttons, leave trails (?) or
whatever (subject to them not sucking up all the CPU with animated
cursors).   And I can't find where to set these other than by hacking the
registry.

Does anyone have an answer?

Phil Wilkin

--------------<< "multiuser-nt@ncd.com" FOOTER MESSAGE >>-------------------