List:       munt
Subject:    Office 97 upgrade side affect
From:       Chris Barnes <clbarnes () usgs ! gov>
Date:       1997-03-31 11:31:23

After upgrading to MS Office '97 (what a pain!!!),
netscape will no longer work for regular users.  It
works fine for anyone in the administrator's group
but everyone else receives the following error on
startup:

   The application failed to initialize properly
(0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the
application.

I have run de-install, re-install.  I downloaded a
different version and ran the same thing but the
result is always the same.  The access under the
Netscape directory hasn't changed. It is set to RX
for Users except for the Cache subdirectory which
users have ALL access.

Any clues?

CB

--------------<< "multiuser-nt@ncd.com" FOOTER MESSAGE >>-------------------