List:       munt
Subject:    Re 4 : printint to unix lpd server
From:       "Reinhard Travnicek" <reini () x-tech ! co ! at>
Date:       1996-07-26 11:18:00

HI,

ON %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool

Set the premisssions for EVERYONE to "FULL Control".

Samba doesn't spool at all, it prints via a different mechanism.

Regards

Reinhard

On Jul 26, 12:39am, Eugene Kanter wrote:
> Subject: Re: printint to unix lpd server

> > > Try looking at the access permissions on the printer spool directories
> > > (C:\WINNT35\SYSTEM32\spool\PRINTERS). If ordinary mortals don't have RWXD
> > > access, they won't be able to print.
> >
> > I think it may also be helpful to have
> > C:\WINNT35\SYSTEM32\spool\DRIVERS writable so that when a new user
> > connects from a PC, the appropriate printer drivers for their local PC
> > printer can be installed automagically. Otherwise the user gets heaps
> > of errors when they first connect.
>
> No suggestions helped me. There obviously are permission problems and only
> in lpr printing area. Printing to samba printers on the same host works
> fine for every user.
>
> --
> Eugene Kanter					Allen-Bradley Co., Inc.
> Network System Engineer				Presence Sensing
Business

--
Reinhard Travnicek                     email: reinhard@x-tech.co.at
Tech. Manager                      snailmail: X-tech HandeslgesmbH

--------------<< "multiuser-nt@ncd.com" FOOTER MESSAGE >>-------------------