List:       mumps-l
Subject:    The New M ?
From:       Jim McHugh <jac () connexsys ! com>
Date:       1997-05-30 16:13:35

Ok,
I waited for 2 weeks to see if the topic would pop up here but I
guess nobody reads M Computing closely. Didn't anybody read Art
Smith's column on the activities of the MDC? Now, I'm certainly
not saying it is a bad thing at all, but did you know that there
is now an MDC subcommittee formed to "develop specifications for
a new language, tentatively named Omega...will compliment M.."
>From what I gather the prime concentration is objects which is
certainly going down the right path. But this is the kind of thing
that can sink or swim. If this is something you think is important
to you, get on the MDC mailing list. This is not the kind of thing
that you want to miss the boat on. In particular, if you (like me)
are the type that likes to say "if I had my say I would have done
it differently..."
Jim McHugh
VP Development - Connex Systems Inc
http://www.connexsys.com