List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: DRM - wmformatsdk.exe
From:       Iain Downs <idowns () DIRCON ! CO ! UK>
Date:       2003-02-28 10:03:05

Don't let them panic you.

A single 400 MHz server is plenty for the volumes you are talking about.
In tests a single machine (1GHz) is capable of knocking out 10s of
licenses per second.  Actually encoding a movie takes little more than
file copy resources (well not THAT good, but it more or less is copy ing
the file on a structure by structure basis with a bit of DES on each
chunk).

If you are a decent VB / ASP programmer is should take 2 - 4 days to
knock something up - first rewrite the samples to be less like spaghetti
- that process will show you how it all works.

You DO need a cert to get the DRM SDK from Microsoft.  This will take
the most time of all (I mean the license shit with MS - sometimes it
works and sometimes it takes a while - keep pestering them!).

We are actually still running on V7 as all that required was a PGP cert
and we don't need to upgrade.  But you can't get that any more!

Iain