List:       ms-wmtalk
Subject:    Re: 2 hour ASF with Markers.
From:       Alan Whiteley <alanw () SALTMINE ! COM>
Date:       1997-07-30 18:06:32

Probably running into one of a couple of problems here. Firstly, we've been
told that Video 1 format stops writing keyframes after 1 Gb. Secondly
Quicktime is limited to 2 Gb files (I think this has something to do with
Apple's OS). The QuickTime 2 Gb problem will not be fixed in QuickTime 3,
though it will offer loads of other stuff.

Anyway, to get two hours of material encoded, you need to keep the file
size under these constraints.

What we do is take multiple captures (38 minutes seems to be the max that
we've been able to get with the Videums), put them together in Premiere.
Export to Video 1 from Premier using the target frame size and enough
compression to keep the file size down. Dump the resulting .avi into Vivo
and marker away.

The other option which is probably much more promising is to add markers
from the live encoder. We've had no problems encoding extremely long
segments with the live encoder. This has to be done 'live' though and
there's no way to edit the results.

Alan Whiteley
Saltmine Creative, Inc.
www.saltmine.com

> From: robert koster <rk@ITV.NET>
> To: Netshow@LISTSERV.MSN.COM
> Subject: 2 hour ASF with Markers.
> Date: Thursday, July 24, 1997 12:47 PM
>
>  Has anyone ever made a two hour ASF with markers. I made one through
Sound