List:       ms-smartcardsdk
Subject:    Synchronization problem in RM/winscard.dll?
From:       Thomas Bründl <Thomas.Bruendl () UTIMACO ! CO ! AT>
Date:       1998-08-12 12:16:36

We discovered a serious synchronization problem. A thread (A) polling
with SCardState very often seems to disturb some other thread (B). Most
usually functions called by thread B return an error code 0eh (buffer
problem).
Some "workarounds" have no effect: We tried to encapsulate SCardState
with transaction calls; we used SCardGetAttrib instead /*undocumented*/
SCardState to verify if a session still is active. In both cases we
still had the synchronization problems, even worse.
What finally helped was a dirty self-programmed mutex before calls to
any PS/SC function.

--
Thomas Bruendl
Utimaco Safe Concept GmbH