List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Update Card Current Status
From:       Olga Sayenko <olga () NISKO ! CO ! IL>
Date:       2003-11-19 14:35:25

Hello,
I am developing the smart card reader driver for a
contactless reader. I don't have the CTS signal tells if
the card is inserted or removed. Because of it I must use
my own tracking thread. In the tracking thread I change
(update) current card state: (for example)

// Card is inserted
SmartcardExtension->ReaderCapabilities.CurrentState = SCARD_SWALLOWED;

or

// Card is removed
SmartcardExtension->ReaderCapabilities.CurrentState = SCARD_ABSENT;

How can I "tell" the Smart Card Library to update the card
state too ? What IRP shoud I send to the the Smart Card Library or use some
Smartcard___ function ?