List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: IOCTL code for SCardGetStatusChange
From:       Vladimir Beker <Vladimir.Beker () EALADDIN ! COM>
Date:       2003-11-02 7:35:00

As far as I can remember, the picture is the following:
IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_STATE is used to check the presence of the card.
Then, if smartcard is inserted, IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_ABSENT is sent. The
driver returns with STATUS_PENDING.
Once the card will be removed, the driver will finish request successfully.
Than, IOCTL_SMARTCARD_IS_PRESENT is sent. Again, you keep it pending as far
as the card will not be inserted and so on.

Best regards

Vladimir Beker

Aladdin. Securing the Global Village.
P.O. Box 11141,  Tel Aviv 61110 Israel
Tel:   +972 3 636-2222; Fax: +972 3 537-5796
Visit us at our Web site!  http://www.eAladdin.com

Aladdin supports Idealist. Visit http://www.idealist.org

On 11/01/2003 01:03:18 PM ZE8 Angela wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone knows what's the corresponding IOCTL code for the application
level command SCardGetStatusChange??

>Btw, does anyone know when IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_ATTRIBUTE is send? and what
does it want to get?

>My driver is always in pending state after receiving the forth and fifth
IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_ATTRIBUTE code. Any idea?

>Many mnay thanks.
>
>Angela

The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
Do not disclose the content of this message or make copies.

This email was scanned by eSafe Mail for viruses, vandals  and other
malicious content.