List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: PC/SC Driver for smart card
From:       Walter Oney <waltoney () ONEYSOFT ! COM>
Date:       2003-01-30 22:07:24

Abhay wrote:
> Does anybody have a sample for pc/sc driver for smartcard? I would
> really appreciate if anybody can help me out on some documentation on pc/sc
> driver development.

The DDK has a couple of very dated samples. Frankly, unless you're
already an expert at writing drivers, I don't think you'd be able to
adapt them to your needs.

If your company is making a USB CCID reader, Microsoft has a generic
driver that implements a subset of the CCID spec that may meet your
needs.

There's always the option of hiring a consultant (ahem!) to develop a
customer driver for your company, too.

--
Walter Oney, Consulting and Training
Basic and Advanced Driver Programming Seminars