List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    [NT]: smart card resource manager hangs
From:       Vladimir Beker <Vladimir.Beker () EALADDIN ! COM>
Date:       2002-03-26 16:28:19

I have strange problem with smartcard resource manager in NT4 (I didn't=
 had
this problem on other platforms).

There is simple application that performs
ScardBeginTransaction/ScardEndTransaction in very long loop.
In the term of device driver it brings to the long sequence of
IOCTL_SMARTCARD_GET_STATE requests answered with SCARD_SPECIFIC.

So far so good.

Now I start listener application that perform in the long loop
SCardGetStatusCahnge for the same reader (it prints result every time w=
hen
the first application performs Begin or End transaction. Note that pres=
ence
of listeners has no effect to requests sent to the driver.

Now after some time the smart card resource manager has good chances to=

hang up.
If I start several instances of listener, it hangs really quickly (afte=
several hundreds of iterations).

It looks as some implementation error in the resource manager, but it d=
oes
not help me too much.

Does anyone know about this problem? Do I have any workaround that coul=
d be
implemented in the driver (IFD handler)?

Thanks
Vladimir
=

The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
Do not disclose the content of this message or make copies.

This email was scanned by eSafe Gateway/Mail for viruses, vandals  and other
malicious content.