List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: PTS with the G&D test card
From:       Vladimir Beker <bwz () ARX ! COM>
Date:       1999-10-20 8:40:05

Hello, Jeff

No my problem was different: MS card does not support PTS, at least it says
it by TA2 byte and does not resonse on it :-).
In Win2000 there is no problem: library already sets the corresponding field
in SmartcardExtension into the SCARD_SPECIFIC and
does not call my callback function for PTS.
In Win98 and WinNT, however, it sets the state into the SCARD_NEGOTIATE and
calls my callback for PTS (which fails, of course).
I failed to get from Microsoft people help here. I used workaround: in PTS
callback routine I examine ATR for TA2 byte. It works in
Win98 and I still didn't check it in WinNT 4.0.

Vladimir Beker
Project Leader
Algorithmic Research Ltd
[mailto:bwz@arx.com]