List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Problem between Windows and the device driver
From:       Christophe Chausset <Christophe.Chausset () SUR ! SC ! PHILIPS ! COM>
Date:       1999-04-16 8:26:22

Hi klaus and Doug,

I am encountering the following problem:

I am working on the same PC with two removable and bootable hard disks under
Windows 95: one for developping the device driver, the other for testing the
device driver plus the application as a customer will do it with a clean install
of the OS.
My device driver is correctly working on the test disk, but not on the
development disk (it is the same PC hardware).
The device driver seems no to be detected: in HKLM\...\VXD\SMCLIB there is no
trace of SCReader0 and also in HKLM\...\Cryptography\Calais\Readers, no name of
the reader.

I remember I have modify the registry entries and I suspect I have removed
something.

I have reinstalled the complete Microsoft Smart Card Components, but it doesn't
change anything.

Do you have any idea ?  What other components are needed for this kind of device
driver that I may have removed ?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Christophe