List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    New version of smclib still working correct for chained T=1 mode?
From:       Johannes Goldynia <Johannes.Goldynia () PDTS ! AT>
Date:       1998-11-18 7:51:06

Dear Klaus,

until now I used the file
07.05.98  11:11                 18.560 SMCLIB.SYS
which was a "small" update. My PC/SC drivers (a Windows NT 4.0 - scrCP8T
clone) works well for three months
and passed all PC/SC test cards and also real world apps.

AFTER replacing SMCLIB.SYS above with
10.11.98  11:36                 19.104 SMCLIB.SYS
the "German Geldkarte" (T = 1) stopped working correctly. I have repeated
the PC/SC compliance test of my
PC/SC driver and I got errors using the IBM T=1 testcard:

Test No.  3
   SELECT FILE 0007                                    Passed
   WRITE BINARY 128 Byte(s) Pattern 00h                Passed
   READ  BINARY 128 Byte(s) Pattern 00h                Passed
   WRITE BINARY 128 Byte(s) Pattern FFh              * FAILED
-  IOCTL call failed:
Returned       79H (NTSTATUS c00000b5H)
Expected        0H (NTSTATUS        0H)

So clearly - the timing or the timing information of smclib.sys has been
changed.
Could you give me hints about this changes to fix this behave quickly - or
is the
new smclib.sys broken?

Johannes Goldynia
PDTS Ges.m.b.H