List:       ms-smartcardddk
Subject:    Re: Redistribution
From:       Charlie Chase <charliec () MICROSOFT ! COM>
Date:       1998-05-08 14:40:35

Any application, card or reader vendor may re-distribute the Smart Card Base
Components with their product as defined in the End User License Agreement
(EULA). You may not break apart the Smart Card Base Components and
re-distribute only pieces of it (e.g., smclib.*). For a reader vendor, you
can place the scbase.exe on the same media as your driver and .inf and have
it installed as part of that process. Likewise a card or app vendor may do
the same. Refer to the EULA at
http://www.microsoft.com/security/tech/scards/agreement.htm.