List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Public Key Format
From:       "Miglietti, Roberto" <RJM () UTE ! COM ! UY>
Date:       2002-06-26 23:38:46

In CAPICOM2 I've tha chance to access the publickey object of a certificate.
But there I've 2 properties that return me something that could be the
right public key value:
1) the publickey.encodedkey.value property obtaining a hexadecimal
expression
2) the publickey.encodedkey.format that returns a base64 expression

Wich of both represents the public key really? Or are both equivalent?
What is exactly the publickey.encodedkey.format supossed to do and to to be
used in?

Now the additional problem is that I need to compare the correct public key
value extrated from the certificate using capicom, with de public key blob
obtained by exporting the public key from a key container using cryptoAPI.
I don't know neither capicom blob format or cryptoapi blob format.
I've compared side by side and they have nothing in common.
Please, how can I manipulate either capicom public key blob from a
certificate or cryptoapi public key blob from a key container in order to
compare them and conclude they are the same or not (in order to reinforce a
validation method prior to a digital signature).

Any info welcome.
Thanks.