List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Signing certificate and private key do not match error
From:       Peter Persits <peter () PERSITS ! COM>
Date:       2001-11-15 17:02:28

Hi all,

I have been using SIGNCODE and a certificate obtained from Thawte to =
sign my
ActiveX controls for years. But after I installed IE 5.5 SP2 it no =
longer
works. The error I get from SIGNCODE when I select my .SPC and .PVK =
files
is:

"The signing certificate and private key do not match or do not contain
valid information."

I know they are valid, I can still use them on another machine with IE =
5.0
installed... Has anyone seen this error? Please help!

Thanks.

--
Peter