List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Signatures problem
From:       "Khassaia, Amir" <AMIR.KHASSAIA () CA ! COM>
Date:       2001-09-26 0:18:24

Hi Eduardo,

Authenticated attributes may or may not be placed in a CMS/PKCS#7 object by
the party responsible for creating the object.

CryptSignMessage() which I assume was used to create the signature from CAPI
side can in fact produce "bare" CMS objects which have as much or as little
things present/specified as you want (within reason).
See PCRYPT_SIGN_MESSAGE_PARA which is the first parameter to
CryptSignMessage() for where to place AuthenticatedAttributes when creating
a CMS object.

If there are any attributes present CAPI implementation adds the content
type object identifier (OID), and the hash of the message itself
automatically.

Regards,
Amir