List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: NT SP6 and 128-bit upgrade for IE-5
From:       Martin Bell <Martin.Bell () BTINTERNET ! COM>
Date:       2000-04-26 6:21:47

Hi,

Just a note to anyone who may want to install SP6 after loading ie501dom and
vice versa you may have problems.

To get a problem loading SP6 on a machine that already has this or loading
ie501dom on a machine that has sp6. The way I got around the problem is as
follows:

I unistalled ie501dom using the uninstall string in the 128Patch registry
setting:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\WINNT\INF\ie5dom.inf,Uninstall,5

I then replaced schannel.dll with a non US version (i.e the one from the
original installation).

The service pack should then install.

Trying to run ie501dom.exe gives an error message, so I used the /c and /t
options to expand it into a directory. I then ran the .inf file manually (by
double clicking on it).

Now I have SP6 and enhanced cryto both installed.

Martin