List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Registry problem after installing Product Version IE4
From:       Aditya Sanghi <abi () DEL2 ! VSNL ! NET ! IN>
Date:       1997-10-23 14:51:16

Environment VC++5.0 , IE4 ( product ) CryptoAPI 2.0 / Win95

Hi! All
        I Had an initial environment of IE4 Beta , VC++ 5.0 , CryptoAPI 2.0 intalled \
using the SP3 . everything was working fine . Then I now installed IE 4.0 Product \
version after which the first call

CryptAcquireContext(&hProv, NULL, NULL, PROV_RSA_FULL, 0);      returns an Error Code
NTE_BAD_KEYSET  which says
"The registry entry for the key container could not be opened and may not exist. "

I have tried reinstalling IE4.0 and SP3 in vain .

Even the sample application with VC++ 5.0 inituser.exe does not work , which \
previously was working .

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

ThanX in advance
Aditya