List:       ms-cryptoapi
From:       John Boyer <jboyer () MAILHOST ! UWI ! COM>
Date:       1997-09-26 23:27:12

 My info is based on building a CAPI app, and not on trying to run the
particular demo programs you are trying to run.

I found that I needed the Windows NT service pack 3.  In it there is
the
wincrypt.h, which you must only comment out the part that restricts the
compile to NT platform.  However, I've found use for the other header
files,
esp. winerror.h, which helps me to decipher the numeric error messages I
receive.  Finally, it contains the two lib files which I found were
necessary to link:  crypt32.lib and advapi32.lib.  You can also generate
these by applying implib to the crypt32.dll and advapi32.dll.  If your
program compiles with your copy of wincrypt.h but doesn't link, then you
may
be able to do this instead of downloading the service pack 3.

John Boyer
Software Development Manager
UWI.Com -- The Internet Forms Company
jboyer@uwi.com