List:       ms-cryptoapi
Subject:    Re: Problem using CryptDecryptMessage
From:       Chelliah Thirunavukkarasu <chelliah () CROSSROUTE ! COM>
Date:       1997-06-25 23:16:43

At 04:11 PM 6/25/97 -0000, you wrote:

>Also something worth pointing out is that in the CRYPT_KEY_PROV_INFO
>structure you must specify the provider name (pwszProvName).  You can not
>set this to NULL, and expect to get the default provider as you can when
>calling CryptAcquireContext.

I do use NULL for provider name. It works fine for me (well, I should admit
that I have tested it only with the beta version of the MS base CSP)
-- Chelliah Thirunavukkarasu           E-Mail: chelliah@crossroute.com
   CrossRoute Software, Inc.           Web: http://www.CrossRoute.com/
   555 Twin Dolphin Dr. Suite 190      Ph.: 415.596.4508
   Redwood Shores, CA 94065            Fax: 415.596.1310