List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Fireing off events over a thread.
From:       David Perry <DavidP () CONVERSA ! COM>
Date:       1998-09-30 22:59:54

I have an interesting problem.  I am writing an ATL Control that has two
threads, a worker thread that basically just watches for messages from a
server app and the main which implements the connection points and
methods.  My problem is that once my second thread starts receiving
messages and firing events (I am passing the this pointer to my thread
in order to fire the events) the VB client app will die if I use any
breakpoints within the event code.

I have since implemented the CoGetInterfaceAndReleaseStream and
CoGetInterfaceAndReleaseStream functions to get my second thread to call
functions as if they are in the first thread, which should theoretically
fix the problem.  However I am unable to access my Fire_|eventname|
functions.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

David Perry