List:       ms-atl
Subject:    Re: RPC spy utility
From:       Ronald Laeremans <RonaldL () MVPS ! ORG>
Date:       1998-09-30 15:13:02

Hi,

If you mean between 2 machines, then you can use Netmon. A limited version
of that tools is included in NT server. A full featured version with SMS
(System Management Server), that you get if you have an MSDN Enterprise
subscription. Netmon decodes RPC traffic.

If you are looking for a tool to spy on local RPC traffic, then I don't
think there is one. IF you want a tool that can spy on COM interactions, the
only likely candidate I know is the ITest tool that comes with OLE DB, but
is in fact a more generic tool.

-Ronald-
VC & SDK MVP