List:       mozilla-qt
Subject:    Re: QT Mozilla toolkit font
From:       "John C. Griggs" <jcgriggs () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2001-08-07 0:15:21

John Warburton wrote:

> Thanks for the reply -- mozilla was originally compiled against QT-2.3.0
> but, having read about the font database trouble I compiled QT-2.3.1,
> recompiled Mozilla against it, and it works now.

Strange.  I don't think there should be any difference between 2.3.0 and
2.3.1 with the latest Qt Mozilla code.  I still suspect something in your
KDE, X11 or font server configuration is not getting along well with
QFontDatabase or Qt Mozilla.

> Crashes when doing useful things ... but looked VERY good for the few
> seconds it stayed up! Had to change all the fonts to make it sensible,
> etc., but it worked for a while. Mail/news fell over, what bug reports
> are useful to you?

Well, as I said in my previous message, the amount of time and effort I can
dedicate to Mozilla is extremely limited at the moment, so I prefer to be
sure that bug reports against Qt Mozilla actually pertain to problems in the
Qt code (i.e. the code in widget/src/qt, widget/timer/src/unix/qt and
gfx/src/qt), as opposed to bugs in the rest of Mozilla, before I spend too
much time on them.  Other than the font problem, my guess is most of what
you are seeing is not Qt-specific, but I'm happy to look at a stack trace
for any crash you get with Qt Mozilla or answer what questions I can..

Regards,
    John Griggs